Check our FAQ before adding questions.
Joomla! is one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet. It is used all over the world for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. Joomla = Joomla CMS.
Please visit www.joomla.org to get to know more about Joomla and download the latest updates.
Yes. We offer Joomla installation service. The prices can be found here:
JoomLMS is a learning management system. JoomLMS is based on Joomla (Joomla CMS - content management system) platform and it is a component for Joomla. This architecture helps our system to stay highly secure and very convenient when building E-learning websites.
By our present license policy LMS license users are registered users on your site who are enrolled into at least one course in JoomLMS, i.e. LMS license users = LMS Students. Only students are counted in the license. Administrators, teachers, regular registered users are not counted.
1.Advanced reporting feature (global)
A set of advanced reports that present statistics on a system level, for all courses at the same time. In the Advanced reports you can view the information on access to courses (the number of times students accessed different courses), course completion (which user completed which course and when) and user grades (info from all the Gradebook sections of all courses where this user is enrolled).
2.Documents: folders permission feature
Opportunity to set different types of access to different folders in the course Documents section depending on the user role (e.g. allow students to manage documents in a particular folder)
3.LMS custom user roles and permissions
You can edit the user roles permissions e.g. if you would like to only allow teachers to work with assigned user groups only, and create custom user roles (for example two different Teacher roles, one with a wide range of activities available and the other with a more limited set).
4.FrontEnd user management (incl. 'Organizations' feature)
‘Organizations’ or restricted groups are the groups of users that are independent from other JoomLMS users. They have their own courses that other users can’t view, their own teachers and CEOs etc. On the other hand the users of ‘organizations’ also can’t view or use courses in other restricted categories that aren’t assigned for this group.
5.Global Question Pool feature
Global Question Pool is a repository for questions which can be imported not only to the quizzes in a particular course, but also to quizzes in any course within the LMS.
6.Recurrent payments (PayPal Standard only)
It is possible to configure automatic recurrent payments, with or without free trial period, which will take place regularly unless the customer cancels the subscription before the end of the billing cycle.
The most recent version of JoomLMS is compatible with Joomla 1.5.x, 1.7.x, 2.5.x, 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 3.3.x, 3.4.x, 3.5.x, 3.6.x.
JoomLMS Professional version is branding free. JoomLMS Standard version comes with JoomLMS branding - the branding in the JoomLMS FrontEnd can be removed on the paid basis. For more detailed information please visit our branding removal policy page.
A side by side comparison of Joomla! LMS solutions can be found in the article JoomLMS Guru LMS vs King LMS vs Shika LMS
Please find the links to iTunes and Google Play Market here.
The difference between JoomLMS and Moodle is explained in the article JoomLMS and Moodle Comparison [Updated].
OFFICIAL JOOMLMS MOBILE APP:
JOOMLMS BRANDED APP
*If you don’t want to place your mobile app under JoomLMS account, you can create your own Google Play market and Apple store accounts (just to let you know, the accounts are paid and the submission can take up to one month). If you are interested in knowing the details, please contact us and we will send you the instructions.
Fast Track is the simplest way to launch your eLearning project. Please read the article ELearning Project Launch is Easier than Ever Before! for more information.
JoomLMS 2.0.3 is available in English, German, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian, Ukrainian, French.
For example, the customer has used 100 users license for 4 months and wants to upgrade to 500 users:
100 users = 299 USD
500 users = 599 USD
Variants of upgrade:
1). With usage period extension:
4 month of usage = 100 USD
299-100=199 USD left on account
199 USD goes to credit the amount
The customer pays 599 (new 500 users yearly license) minus 199 USD (left on account), and we provide the customer with 12 months 500 users license.
2). Without usage period extension:
4 months of 100 users license usage = 100 USD
299-100=199 USD left on account
8 months of 500 users license = 400 USD
199 USD goes to credit the amount
The customer pays 400-199 = 201 USD. We provide the customer with 8 months of 500 users license.
After choosing the variant of upgrade please contact us so we can calculate the upgrade amount for you and provide you with further instructions.
It won't take more then one business day to make a new one for you.
To have license for two different domains (i.e. joomZZZ.com and EEE.com) you need to buy two licenses.
For testing purposes you can use trial version or request to include your test subdomain to your license.
Yes. Your old data will be kept.
Please use our Custom Payment section in JoomLMS web-shop:
In the custom payment section please enter the necessary amount and click the 'Add to Cart' button. To complete the order click the 'View cart' button. At the 'Shopping Cart' page specify your domain name and in the order comment box leave the information what the payment is for and proceed to checkout.
Perpetual license for JoomLMS will cost you as a four years' fee and will include one year free support and maintenance. After a year time you will need to pay 15% of perpetual license price per year for getting regular updates independently from the number of LMS users. The maintenance fee is optional, if you don't pay it, you won't get regular updates of JoomLMS but your JoomLMS license will be valid.
To pay for perpetual license login at the www.joomlalms.com. Enter our JoomLMS web-shop:
Select the LMS license you need, choose the number of users from the drop-down menu (e.g. 5000 users) and check the 'Perpetual license' box. Click the 'Add to Cart' button. To complete the order click the 'View cart' button. At the 'Shopping Cart' page specify your domain name and proceed to checkout.
When 30 days remain before the license expiration, a link for renewal automatically appears in your Members Area at http://www.joomlalms.com/. To pay for license renewal please enter your Members Area and click Prolong or change your license package link which will redirect you to the payment page.
Note: to access the necessary Members Area you need to log in at http://www.joomlalms.com/ using the same login details which were used when the initial order was made. If it is not possible in your case, please contact our support team.
When making custom versions for clients we always try to meet individual customer needs.
Both Standard and PRO license owners can order custom development from us. Normally, the custom code developed by us for Standard license owners will belong to JoomLMS; custom code developed for PRO license owners will belong to the client. Special cases can always be discussed with us. If you have Professional version (which comes with open source code) all custom development done by you will be your property. We can also support custom versions when updating to a new version.
To create a JoomLMS link in your Front End menu you need to configure the Joomla menu.
Enter your Joomla site Back End -> 'Menus' -> 'Main menu' -> Click 'New' button at the top right of the page -> Select 'JoomLMS' in the 'Internal link' list -> Enter a name for the menu item and click 'Save' button. After this you will see the link to JoomLMS on your front page.
To create a user with teacher rights you need to enter your Joomla site Back End as administrator. Select 'Components' menu -> 'JoomLMS' -> Users Management -> Click 'New' button -> select a Joomla user and set the necessary role for them. Click 'Save' button.
You have entered the Back End. Creating a course is a FrontEnd teacher function. To create a course you need to login with teacher rights at the Front End. Then click JoomLMS menu item and there you will see a 'new course' button.
This message means that you need to install Ioncube on the server. To install Ioncube, please follow the instructions provided in our help section:
After paying for license renewal please download your new license file from your MembersArea at www.joomlalms.com and replace the old license file (it is located in your site folder where Joomla is installed) with the new one.
JoomLMS software updates are free for the license owners. To upgrade/update your system follow these steps:
1. Backup your custom languages.
2. Backup your video conference uploads. Video conference uploads are located in components/com_joomla_lms/upload/ on your server.
3. Save the custom code modifications done in the old system (if any).
4. There are two ways to reinstall your system.
5. Apply custom code modifications. DO NOT REWRITE NEW INSTALLED FILES WITH OLD MODIFIED ONES - MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGES IN THE NEW FILES.
6. Check the system data.
If you would like our professional team to update your LMS for you, we will be happy to do it for our regular installation fee of $99 - just contact us.
No, you don't. All your data will remain intact.
In version 2.0.3 we added a Free trial payment method. Free trial payment allows a student to enroll in the selected paid course free of charge for a limited period of time (can be used once per course).
Check the following:
1) Make sure that all folders in Admin BackEnd -> help -> System Info -> Directory Permissions are writable;
2) Make sure that the folders listed in the JoomLMS configuration -> tab 'files' are configured and writable;
3) 'upload_max_filesize' and 'post_max_size' PHP settings (this is set in php.ini file - to learn its location please enter Backend -> Help -> System info -> PHP information -> 'Configuration File (php.ini) Path') - must be more than the file size;
4) 'max_execution_time' and 'max_input_time' PHP settings - set in seconds. If uploading and processing the file takes more time than is specified here, the uploading process can be interrupted;
5) 'memory_limit' PHP setting - the .zip uploading and unpacking process can be interrupted if the allocated memory is not enough;
6) If you use 'uploading from FTP' feature, then check if your file is located in the 'media' folder and 'read' permissions are configured for it;
7) Connection to the server can be interrupted during uploading - please try again.
8) nginx: add or adjust if necessary the client_max_body_size parameter in the nginx configuration file - should be larger than your file;
9) Apache: adjust if necessary the LimitRequestBody parameter (set in bytes) in the Apache configuration file - should be larger than your file.
10) If you are using free or paid Cloudflare service in the proxy mode there will be additional limitations on the side of Cloudflare - you can either move to paid service or disable proxy and switch to the passthrough mode. Please check this instruction for more details https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200172516#h_51422705-42d0-450d-8eb1-5321dcadb5bc
Please contact us and we will provide access to the translations website.
In spite of the fact that JoomLMS is added to your website, it doesn’t pick up your template design but has its own. This was made on purpose to avoid any template compatibility issues and learner’s distractions (when a user enters JoomLMS there are no distracting elements that prevent a learner from studying).
To edit the JoomLMS template you need to enter the administration area of your Joomla! website, Extensions-Templates-JoomLMS default template. Feel free to upload the logo, change the template and background colors, fonts and the website title.
For more information please read the article How to Customize the Layout of JoomLMS.
In JoomLMS 2.x we've decided to replace an outdated web-conference tool with advanced GoToMeeting platform. The platform allows up to 100 attenders with screen sharing, video and audio conferencing.
Please follow the steps below to configure the JoomLMS-GoToMeeting integration:
1. Register a free trial or paid account at GoToMeeting Website and specify the number of organizers upon the registration.
Note: An organizer is a teacher account which allows a teacher to organize and schedule webinars in JoomLMS courses. If you need to organize several webinars at the same time (even in different JoomLMS courses) then it is necessary to register several organizers. If you only have one organizer then this teacher won't be able to schedule several webinars at the same
2. Log in with the same account details at Citrix GoTo Developer Center
3. After logging in go to OAuth Clients
4. Click 'Create a client' to create a new OAuth client for your GoToMeeting. In the 'Redirection URL' field specify the domain name of the site where your JoomLMS is installed e.g. http://demo.myjoomlms.com. Under Product Scopes select the option including GoToMeeting.
5. Copy 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' to clipboard or text file. You will be able to re-check 'Client ID' later but you will only be able to see 'Client Secret' once so make sure you store it. Click 'Done' to complete the procedure.
6. Enter your site where JoomLMS is installed and go to administrator back-end Components -> JoomLMS -> Configuration -> tab Conference -> select Yes for 'Enable conference' and GoToMeeting from the drop-down menu for 'Conference type'.
7. Go on to back-end Extensions -> Plugin manager -> System -> JoomLMS GoToMeeting -> specify 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' in the 'API key' and 'Secret key' fields respectively and save the changes.
8. Now you can create webinars in JoomLMS courses. When you access the Webinars tool of the course for the first time you will be redirected to https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/ to authorize for the JoomLMS work with the created application. When you are redirected please log in and then click Allow to allow JoomLMS to work with the GoToMeeting client.
Note: Any teacher who has no access to the GoToMeeting account won't be able to use the course Webinars tool.
JoomLMS allows you to work with users and user groups, specifying their roles and access rights accordingly. New users can be added manually, selected from the list of registered at the website users or imported from a CSV file.
The section management makes it possible to allow numerous staff members to work within one LMS system and brings clearness to the LMS users’ structure
The Courses Management section gives you a possibility to create new courses and edit the existing ones, by changing the number features: edit title, select the category for the course, set the price if the course is paid, publish or unpublish the course making it available/unavailable for the students, select starting/ending dates and specify the access level for students.
Under Configuration settings you will find a number of sections you can modify to make JoomLMS meet your personal or business requirements.
In the Global Tab you can put JoomLMS Front-End online or offline; select certificates storage and serial number or barcode to be printed on the certificate; change JoomLMS component and page titles; decide if chat and tracking should be enabled in the course; select a default language, date format and JoomLMS managers.
Additional Configuration options include:
You can manage the appearance of the first page users see after logging in to JoomLMS: JoomLMS top menu settings, result displaying options, Meta data parameters, Homepage configuration and welcome text.
You can configure top menu icons for different types of menu: the menu for non-authorized users, the menu for Home Page for logged in users and the menu for users with different user roles- Teacher, Student and CEO/parent. All the icons you set as published will be seen at the front page.
The administrative area allows you to manage interface languages: make them available/ unavailable, export language files or import into the system files with new languages.
By managing the Global Mailbox Settings you can keep the users informed about learning assignments, activities and their status. It is possible to set the text for the message, specify the recipients’ emails or select the users with a certain role to receive the message or notification. You can also create and modify Email templates.
The Subscriptions section is available for courses that are marked with the ‘Paid’ attribute. This section allows the user to subscribe for the current course using one of the offered payment processors: PayPal, 2CheckOut and so on. At the Back End you can see Sales Reports, payment lists, manage plans and discounts lists.
The Plugins section allows you to manage JoomLMS functionality be means of plugins you can publish to control one or another activity: waiting lists, notifications, jComments/jReviews systems integration, languages switcher and CEO auto-assignment.
The Backups section is intended for creating and managing backup copies of separate courses and backup copies of the whole system, what helps make the work with the system more convenient and safe.
The maintenance section allows you to check if your LMS database is up to date and fix errors if necessary.